Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fourth Infusion

I caught a 48 hour cold on Wednesday before infusion #4.  ended up with slight chest cold, but got about 85% better before Monday infusion on Oct 5th.  Early morning PET scan indicated that tumor "uptake", ie activity had been reduced by about 75%....good news!  Doctor is still mulling whether to go with 6 or 8 infusions.  My 5th infusion will be October 26th, and #6 will be November 16th. We head to California to see Laila's new baby on November 23rd.

A week after infusion, I seem to be plagued with chest congestion, which keeps me up at night.  Taking TheraFlu to help.  ALSO, I was surprised to wake up on Saturday with a severe bone pain in the arch of one foot.  Limp, Limp.........  Taking non-asprin pain reliever seems to pretty well, enough to allow me to continue remodeling job of changing out the windows for a customer.

Final shot of neupogen type drug today (build up white blood cells).  It will be interesting to see if bone pain goes away by end of week.

No comments:

Post a Comment