Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Processing Infusion #5

Had #5 on Monday.  Got started by 9:00 AM.  They give me a bunch of pills for side effects, including the first batch of steroid and some benydryl.  Then I get IV drip of Rituxan for 90 min, followed by 1/2 hr drip and nurse "push" of the three other drugs.  I was done by 12:30.  On the drive home back to Pagosa, the benedryl purts me in la la land for about 4 hours. Then the steriods kick in and I I become jitteRy guy for the rest of the night.  The third week reall seems to have restored me to about 90 percent.  The intense coughing due to bronchial tube restriction has subsided. I requested and received an inhaller just incase.  I'm starting back on the one shot per day for 8 days of the white blood cell building drug. We've got some snow and cold in Pagosa till Friday, so Roberta and I will hunker down and watch the World Series (grew up in Trenton, so I'm a life long Yankees Fan).  I feel good!  (If your starting this or know someone, don't forget to use Biotene mouthwash daily, it's great)

No comments:

Post a Comment