Monday, October 19, 2009

Getting back to normal after #4

This is week 3 after infusion #4. I go for #5 next Monday.  Side effects status...........  I had quite a chest congestion last week.  This week I seem to be SLOWLY getting rid of it.  I'm down to a nusance cough that develops when I talk at length.  I stopped in Albuquerque for chest X-ray and consulation last week when I took Roberta down for her flight out to Alabama. X-rays showed clear lungs.  Dr did not alter anything.  Leads me to think I may be developing mildly chronic lung passage condition that may hang on till I'm totally thru with chemo.  With my urging, the doc has decided to go ahead with 8 infusions.  I don't think there's much data on whether 6 or 8 makes a difference for my flavor of cancer.  Since I seem to be handling it well, we decided to go for it.

So, we'll see how  the lung condition goes after next week.  The bone ache in left foor has 95% disappeared. This was a reaction to the neupogen type injections that I take for 8 days post-chemo.  I am developing a very slight tenderness in my gums...hasn't affected eating yet. I haven't lost a pound since starting ( I got the best cook and bottle washer !).   There are a couple of other minor things ....  All of these infirmities just seem to take a LOT LOT longer too heal.  

October/November will speed by. Roberta's son and partner had a baby boy 2 weeks ago and I am a new grandpa TODAY!!  My daughter, Laila, lives near Sant Cruz, CA.  We'll be taking the pop-up camper out for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment