Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Surprise Fatigue

It's great to be past that uncomfortable chemo feeling.  It's a tough one to describe if you haven't experienced it.  It's a kinda of weakening churning in the chest and abdominal cavity. Got past that last week, after return from  Lake City.  I felt kind of weak and exhausted on Monday and napped most of the day. Gradually felt much better over next few days. 

On Sunday we climbed Pagosa Peak, about 4,000 ft. above our 8,000 ft home. I've climbed it twice before in about 2 hours.  To my surprise, it took me 4 hours of slow trudging this time. Yikes!!  I'm now realizing that I'm suffering from pretty low energy.  Today I did a simple siding repair for a customer.  Shoulda been a simple 2 hour task.  After 3 hours I was physically exhausted!  So, this is knew.  If I rest and do bookwork I don't notice fatigue.  And I'm eating lots of good food !  Funny that this is starting this far down the road...ready to do 4th chemo on Monday.

On Monday I will also have PET scan to see how it's all doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment