Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Third infusion

Had my third infusion  on Monday.  Drove to Albuquerque from Pagosa on Sunday.  Started infusion at 10:00 AM Monday.  Done by 2:00.  Back in Pagosa by evening.  I take steroid pills till Friday, which plays havoc with sleeping.  I'm also giving myself neupogin injection everyday for eight days to build up white blood cells.
I've kinda got the routine down now, so the unknown has dimished and I can plan the weeks.  I feel well enough to work paper work and remodeling tasks at a slow pace.  I'll have some mild chest congestion while I'm taking the shots.  We're taking the pop-up camper into the San Juans to Lake City for a wine and music festival for the weekend.  Roberta will have to drink for 2!  By the end of the second week I'll be starrting to feel fine again. During week three I'll be back to normal energy level.  Then I'll have the next infusion on the third Monday. On the day of infusion #4 I'll also get a PET and CAT scan so the oncologist can check the effectiveness of the chemo treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment