Friday, August 7, 2009

Adapting

When I was told that I may have cancer back in March, I spent 2-3 days in shock ! I remember thinking about the future with my family and enjoying the seasons and hiking. Doing a lot of internet research, I discovered that there was long term hope for Stage II. For 4 months I have suppressed a lot of my emotions. I have a wonderful wife who takes care of me, wonderful daughters, a great sister, and some crazy close and related friends, and a dear cat, who all surround me with lots of love and concern. I live in beautiful, natural Pagosa Springs, Co in the heart of the San Juan Mountains. I have a very happy life. I have a remarkable brother who passed away in 2005, who was my mentor. www.dyt108.com. I spenda lot of time getting his art work (music, painting, photography on the web.

I sustain myself through all of this by pushing myself to stay positive and enjoying all of my very simple life.

It has really helped to read other peoples cancer blogs to get a feel for what everyone is going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment