Thursday, March 26, 2009

I have heard nothing from Albuquerque VA since biopsy on 3/19.
I have done extensive internet research on Lymphoma. www.Lymphoma.org is one of many great web sites. I have ordered the book " The Patient from Hell: How I Worked with My Doctors to Get the Best of Modern Medicine and How You Can Too" I assume that I have Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, either Indolent NHL (which is non-curable) or Aggressive NHL (which is curable). I have not heard a peep from the VA. I have faxed requests to the GU AP and the Oncologist for status. I contacted VA radiology records and they overnighted me a DVD with ALL of my scans. I can view all of my scans on my own PC. Ain't gonna do that until I talk to GU PA or Oncologist.

I contacted CyberKnife center in Phoenix and have learned that they do treat VA patients with approval from VA. CyberKnife has limits on tumor size.

I will bug VA Oncology to get status of biopsy analysis process. I want to know who is doing what, not just what the result is.

No comments:

Post a Comment